Do you need help thinking of kid-friendly activities for this summer? Great, I got you covered!
Recently several local mothers reached out and asked me to share some fun frugal things to do this summer with their kids without breaking the bank. I just thought you may want in on the fun too so I decided to write a post to share with you. As a mother of two, I understand how important it is to have activities planned while school is out! Be sure to try these simple, creative and fun activities. Oh, remember to use discount sites, like Groupon and Livingsocial to stretch your dollar over the summer.
Here are some great ideas to get you started:
1. Participate in the TD Bank summer reading program and earn money, click here to learn more.
2. Plant a garden.
3. Go bowling for free, click here to learn more.
4. Fly kites in the sky.
5. Go camping.
6. Visit a petting zoo.
7. Make homemade bubbles.
8. Go to a drive-in movie.
9. Visit a botanical garden.
10. Make a backyard waterpark.
11. Have a craft party.
12. Visit your local museum.
13. Create an obstacle course for outdoor fun.
14. Dine in at restaurants that offer kids eat free days.
15. Go to your local library for fun events.
16. Go to a free concert in the park.
17. Take a discount flight to visit loved ones.
18. Take a field trip to a nearby town.
19. See a cheap kids’ movies, click here to learn more.
20. Have a picnic at your local park.
21. Have an afternoon bake sale.
22. Go to the beach or pool.
24. Check out your local crafts stores for free project demos.
25. Volunteer to help at local organization.
26. Learn to play an instrument.
27. Check out Home Depot and Lowe's for free weekend project workshops for kids.
28. Take a cooking class at your local grocery store.
29. Visit your local farm.
30. Register for kids skate free, click here to learn more.
31. Attend vacation bible school.
32. Free arts and crafts at museums.
33. Create a music video.
34. Have a costume party.
35. Go fishing with friends.
36. Visit historical sites in your area.
37. Tour a factory (chocolate is always good).
38. Learn about your family’s history.
39. Play board games indoors.
40. Join Pottery Barn Kids for FREE story time.
41. Grab a FREE membership to the LEGO Club including (for kids 4-12) a subscription to Lego Club Magazine, click here to learn more.
42. Ride bikes through your community.
43. Have a playdate.
44. Download Hoopla app for free music, audio book, movies and e-books, click here to learn more.
45. Get free books from Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library, click here to learn more.
46. Earn a free book through Barnes and Noble summer reading program, click here to learn more.
47. Create a lemonade stand.
48. Visit the local fire and police station.
49. Go hiking in the woods.
50. Get manicures at your local salon.
51. Watch educational movies on Netflix or Hulu.
52. Join a local recreational center, like the YMCA, which offers affordable memberships and plenty of programs.